Hello. Thanks for dropping by.
My name is Tim. I’m a planner at Red Bee Media. I used to work at Ogilvy and Cake. The content on this site probably touches mostly on the growing blur between PR and advertising, mainly because this is where I’ve spent most of my career to date. However, I’m more interested in the wider definition of ‘advertising’. After all, whatever agency we work at or the language we use to sell our services, we’re all trying to do the same thing; convince.
So, this is my blog about how marketing agencies and their clients attempt to get people to do stuff. It seems to be changing quite a lot at the moment but there is probably an awful lot which shouldn’t change that much. And although I like my gadgets, I’m not really a technophile. Clay Shirky probably puts it best on what we should be focusing on;
It’s not the adoption of new tools by society , it’s the adoption of new behaviours.
Either way, it should make for a good conversation.
I blog for four reasons;
1) There is a lot of brilliant thinking going on online. So I thought it might be worth trying to contribute rather than just leech.
2) It helps to organise a rather disorganised head
3) That’s it. (People expect things to come in three’s don’t they?)
4) French philosopher Henri-Louis Bergson once said
Think like a man of action. Act like a man of thought.
Think he had a point.
A bit about me:
I don’t like;
- Nottingham Forest
- Paper pushers
- Being a Moleskine wielding cliche
If you’d like to get in touch;